http://wwwmoviescom.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Funny People

This movie is directed by Judd Apatow and it stars Adam Sandler (George Simmons), Seth Rogen (Ira Wright), Leslie Mann (Laura) and others. Well the movie is actually about people trying to be funny, kidding because if I had no idea of that matter you could report me to the Movie Blogging Commission if their was such a thing. Anyhow this movie seemed to have a highly expanding plot into drama related issues for a while and the movies plot was about George Simmons finding out he has a life threatening illness. Simmons chooses to take under his wing a new to the big times comedy writer (Wright) to help him with his stand up work. Well I have to say although the actors in the movie are generally a riot however this movie seemed a bit misleading for me. This was because it was really just more dramatic then humorous in a lot of ways. So the title alone seemed a little misleading, but it was also highly trashy so much that I saw ten people walk out. It seemed to me lightly funny from time to time watching the inside life of the big shot comedian George Simmons, but it also seemed without much of a captivating plot because the drama almost seemed fictitious for people that live like rich famous successful superstars. So perhaps next time I am out to see a comedy I will attempt to see something with less drama attached and perhaps just more slapstick.
Trailer-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCmCveWATHg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home