http://wwwmoviescom.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

A Christmas Carol

This version of Charles Dickens classic was directed by Robert Zemeckis and I am sure you have heard something about the story, so I will keep the plot short here. Scrooge a miser of a sort is visited by several mysterious beings that know a little more about the notion of Christmas then he does. The voices in the movie were Jim Carrey (Scrooge, Ghost of the Past, Present and Yet to Come), Gary Oldman (Tiny Tim, Marley, Bob Cratchit), Robin Wright Penn (Fan/Belle) and others. Well I definitely think that the story of A Christmas Carol is a good one and right up there with A Wonderful Life as far as Christmas movies go for me. This Christmas Carol was interesting being an animation and on that note it was also actually a family, fantasy, drama and a bit suspenseful at times; although I have to say it can sometimes be kind of hard seeing Jim Carry not in a funny role. I was kind of waiting in a way for the Scrooge character to somehow say "toss the salt shaker over your shoulder" or "alrighty then", but no this movie like the real story was suppose to be as far as I have heard, pretty much dramatic or suspenseful in away. So to wrap this up here I just want to say the movie was descent, but in my opinion not really any much better then other Christmas Carol movies made yet; and to be honest believe it or not The Muppet's Christmas Carol movie I had found the most entertaining to date and really awesome actually, as it was chocked full of being musical, suspenseful, funny and fun. Whatever the case though I hope you enjoy this new Christmas Carol if you go see it because although it was not my favorite of them it is still a legendary story that I think is worth retelling and it seemed a not to bad Christmas Carol movie to boot.
A Christmas Carol Trailer-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YAOYs3ObzI

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home